B.J. Talley is the founder and principal of Gladius and a senior strategist with Nineteen88 Strategies. In both his roles, he helps organizations leverage strategic communications to drive growth, engage stakeholders, and protect what they’ve earned.
By drawing on two decades of experience in leading strategic communications for government agencies, international private firms, and Fortune 500 publicly traded companies, he provides results-driven strategies for myriad communications challenges, including:
- Communications and reputation management for corporate transactions
- Employee engagement for vast global employee populations
- Coaching C-suite executives and flag-level military officers
- Change management for large IT system implementations, senior executive transitions, M&A transactions, and corporate strategy rollouts
- Building, developing, and sustaining extensive global communications
- An international spokesperson for the U.S. government & crisis response for a pirate hijacking of a U.S. commercial ship
B.J. led worldwide internal and external communications functions TE Connectivity – a $14B industrial tech company – as the Head of Global Communications. Before his role at TE, he served as Director of Corporate Communications for Exelis, spent time as a strategic communications consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton, and served as a civilian public affairs officer with the U.S. Navy’s Military Sealift Command.
B.J. is passionate about empowering the next generation of communications leaders. He works with the Arthur Page Society’s Future Leaders Experience, contributed to Mastering Business for Strategic Communicators: Insights and Advice from the C-Suite of Leading Brands, and taught as a visiting professor at American University in Washington, D.C. He holds a B.A. in history and communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Go Heels!) and an M.A. in communications from George Mason University. Connect with him on LinkedIn or follow him on Twitter.